Photo Credit: Skinny Skis
Nordic Skiing, Fat Biking and Snowshoeing for all! Once again the JH Nordic Alliance will be heading up to Turpin Meadow Ranch for a day filled with winter activities, food, coffee and fun. The date has officially been set for Sunday, January 6th from 10am to 3pm at Turpin Meadow (24505 Buffalo Valley Rd. Moran WY).
With a free trail pass and free demos of innovative gear from local shops and suppliers this unique once a year event provides a great opportunity to try out Nordic skis, fat bikes, and snowshoes. This event is perfect for those interested in these winter sports and activities but not quite ready to buy, or if you simply want to experience the thrill of fat biking among the Tetons.
Aside from the demos, there will be free lessons for those new to classic and skate skiing, USFS winter nature talks, and snowshoe tours with Hole Hiking Experience. If you have never cross country skied, January 6th is the ideal day to try it out.
This Day Includes:
- Free Nordic ski demos from Rossignol, Fischer & Madshus from Skinny Skis
- Demo stock is limited, please bring or rent your own gear as well.
- Free Nordic ski lessons by Teton County/Jackson Parks & Rec (30 min. Intro lessons)
- Free fat bike demos courtesy of Teton Mtn Bike Tours, Friends of Pathways, Hoback Sports, The Hub.
- Free snowshoe demos and tours from Hole Hiking Experience
- Free back country Nordic ski tours led by JH Ecotour Adventures
- Winter ecosystem information by the Bridger-Teton US Forest Service Rangers
- Lunch, hot and cold drinks available (cash preferred)
- Kates Real Food bar samples and Trilipiderm sun screen sample packets
- Kids Corral with sledding and kiddie size XC skis -hosted by Snow King Mountain
- Try Turpin’s new dedicated fat bike trails & 15k of Nordic ski trails – free!
- Stay Wild Fat Bike Raffle, 2 Stio jackets, Trilipiderm Winter Sun Essentials Pack, JHNordic neck gaiter “Buffs”, and much more.
- FREE Town to Turpin Shuttle – by JH Ski Club
- Pickup – 9:15a at Home Ranch Welcome Center, Return – 4:00p ( other times may be available)
- RSVP to info@JHNordic.com to reserve your seat.
This is truly the best way to demo several different sports and maybe even try something new! Turpin Meadows is a short drive from Jackson Hole (about an hour) in Buffalo Valley. Both lunch and hot and cold drinks will be available for purchase in the Turpin Meadows Lodge. A limited number of cozy, elegantly classic log cabins are available for an overnight stay by reservation. (307) 543-2000. Or lots of lodging options in Jackson.
This is a free, community event open to all ages, visitors and locals alike and sponsored by the JH Nordic Alliance and generous support of the Jackson Hole Travel and Tourism Board! Dogs are welcome too! Leashes will be required for dogs near the main lodge but they are free to roam the trails, just be sure to clean up after them. Do not miss your chance to play in the snow and try out a new sport (or two!). And all the while, you get incredible views of the Tetons and Bridger Teton National Forest! Bring your camera – you might spot some elk or bison herd en route in Grand Teton National Park!