If you love Nordic skiing, Fat Biking, Snowshoeing or are looking to try one of these fun winter sports, we have the perfect day for you!!! On Sunday, January 7th, Turpin Meadows is hosting our 2nd annual JH Nordic Free Ski, Fat Bike & Snowshoe Day!
This once a year event allows you to demo new and innovative gear from local shops and suppliers. Considering fat biking? Come up to Turpin Meadows Ranch on January 7th and try out a few bikes before you buy, or simply experience the thrill of riding the single track through the forest. Want to know what it’s like to skate ski with views of Tetons? This is a family-friendly event, open to all ages. January 7th is the day!
When you arrive at Turpin Meadows, sign in for your free trail pass to access all of their beautiful trails. You will also be able to demo fat bikes, skate, and class cross-country ski gear! There will be free snowshoe tours in the meadows and forest of the Buffalo Fork, and we will also be providing lessons on skate skiing and cross-country skiing. US Forest Service Rangers will be on hand to share the secrets of the winter forest ecosystems, wildlife tracks, information on the extensive trail network throughout the vast Bridger – Teton National Forest.
This day includes:
- Free Nordic ski demos from Fischer & Madshus from Skinny Skis
- Demo stock is limited, please bring or rent your own gear as well.
- Free Nordic ski lessons by Teton Pines Nordic Center
- Free fat bike demos from Surly & Fatback by Teton Mtn Bike Tours, Friends of Pathways, and Hoback Sports
- Free snowshoe demos and tours from Hole Hiking Experience
- Winter ecosystem information by the Bridger-Teton US Forest Service Rangers
- Lunch, hot and cold drinks available (cash preferred)
- Try Turpin’s new dedicated fat bike trails & 15k of Nordic ski trails
- FREE Town to Turpin Shuttle – by JH Ski Club
- Pickup – 9:15a at Home Ranch Welcome Center, Return – 4:00p
- RSVP to info@JHNordic.com to reserve your seat.
Both lunch and hot and cold drinks will be available for purchase in the Turpin Meadows Lodge. A limited number of cozy, elegantly classic log cabins are available for an overnight stay by reservation. (307) 543-2000. Or lots of lodging options in Jackson.
This is truly the best way to demo several different sports and maybe even try something new! Turpin Meadows is a short drive from Jackson Hole (about an hour) in Buffalo Valley. For those who prefer not to drive, the JH Ski Club is running a shuttle a bus, but you must reserve in advance (Info@JHNordic.com).
This is a free, community event open to all ages, visitors and locals alike and sponsored by the JH Nordic Alliance and generous support of the Jackson Hole Travel and Tourism Board! Do not miss your chance to play in the snow and try out a new sport (or two!). And all the while, you get incredible views of the Tetons and Bridger Teton National Forest! Bring your camera – you might spot some elk or bison herd en route in Grand Teton National Park!